[ofa-general] Problem with latest OFED 1.3 build... IPoIB and iPATH

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 11:53:29 PST 2008

Hello Ralph,

      In ipoib, priv->local_lid was set here:
      {
                struct ib_port_attr attr;

                if (!ib_query_port(priv->ca, priv->port, &attr))
                        priv->local_lid = attr.lid;
      }

      If you look at ipath_query_port(),

static int ipath_query_port(struct ib_device *ibdev,
                            u8 port, struct ib_port_attr *props)
{
        struct ipath_ibdev *dev = to_idev(ibdev);
        enum ib_mtu mtu;
        u16 lid = dev->dd->ipath_lid;
        u64 ibcstat;

        memset(props, 0, sizeof(*props));
>>    props->lid = lid ? lid : __constant_be16_to_cpu(IB_LID_PERMISSIVE);

attr.lid is set here. Do you have any clue it was set to 0? I don't see any
code changes between RC3 and RC4 in IPoIB in this piece of code.

I also found below code in ipath. Is there any issue here in
ipath_query_port()? Since we do enable 4K MTU support.

      /*
         * Note: the chips support a maximum MTU of 4096, but the driver
         * hasn't implemented this feature yet, so set the maximum value
         * to 2048.
         */
        props->max_mtu = IB_MTU_2048;
        switch (dev->dd->ipath_ibmtu) {