[ofa-general] openSM set up help

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Tue Feb 12 22:19:48 PST 2008

Hi Shirley,

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:11 -0800, Shirley Ma wrote:
> Hello Hal,
>
> Have you set up openSM with Voltaire paththrough module only before?

No.

>  I am planning to test blades/connectX, but I can't find a switch. I
> only have paththrough module. I wonder how to set up it.

If it is truly passthru, then the subnet is a point to point connection
(CA <-> CA). OpenSM works in that mode. I don't think any special setup
is needed. If you need multiple of these, then you need multiple SMs
(each running on a different CA port and), each configured with a
different subnet prefix.

-- Hal