[ofa-general] IPOIB/CM increase retry counts

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Feb 12 22:54:59 PST 2008

Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:
> I brought this issue up on the mailing list sometime in the summer of 2007 is
> my recollection. I could not locate that with a quick search of the archives.
> I will probably do that again later.

Its from December 2007
http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/general/2007-December/044299.html

> However, the crux of the issue is that I was seeing "send completion errors" and
> that is what prompted me to change the retry counts. Please see Table 78
> "Completion Error Handling for RC Send Queues" in the IB Spec for reference.
> And changing the retry counts did help.

I understand that changing the retry counts eliminated the issue you
were seeing in your setup, however, its more of an observation than an
actual problem statement whose solution can be judged. Apart from that,
I have concerns regarding the approach of adding retries to layer that
provides unreliable service, see my comments on the other emails, and
feel free to respond there.

Or.