[ofa-general] openSM set up help

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Wed Feb 13 06:00:23 PST 2008

Hi again Shirley,

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 13:22 -0800, Shirley Ma wrote:
> Hello Hal,
>
> > If it is truly passthru, then the subnet is a point to point connection
> > (CA <-> CA). OpenSM works in that mode. I don't think any special setup
> > is needed. If you need multiple of these, then you need multiple SMs
> > (each running on a different CA port and), each configured with a
> > different subnet prefix.
>
> Thanks for your quick response. Both nodes ports are in DOWN status. I
> thought it should be UP if point to point connection, right?

DOWN is the PortState and is due to PortPhysicalState not being LinkUp
and has nothing to do with SM.

SM only gets into the act once PortPhysicalState is LinkUp (and
PortState is then INIT). I would suspect things may not be "connected"
the way they need to be and I have no idea how to do that. You might
want to contact Voltaire customer support.

-- Hal