[ofa-general] Re: Demand paging for memory regions

Christoph Raisch RAISCH at de.ibm.com
Wed Feb 13 04:11:51 PST 2008

>  > > Chelsio's T3 HW doesn't support this.

For ehca we currently can't modify a large MR when it has been allocated.
EHCA Hardware expects the pages to be there (MRs must not have "holes").
This is also true for the global MR covering all kernel space.
Therefore we still need the memory to be "pinned" if ib_umem_get() is
called.

So with the current implementation we don't have much use for a notifier.

"It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future"
Gruss / Regards
Christoph Raisch + Hoang-Nam Nguyen