[ofa-general] IPOIB/CM increase retry counts

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 13 15:11:18 PST 2008

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On 2/13/08, Pradeep Satyanarayana <pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, I do not have the same setup that I had previously. So, I would
>> be unable to provide you all the details at this point. However, I do remember
>> it was ehca and mthca on ppc64 machines.
>
> Honestly, its a problem to judge a fix for a problem for which you
> provide the settting with such limited description, actually, why
> won't you (IBM) try and reproduce it, basically the claim is that the
> problem can occur on any HCA-mixed setup, so you can try some couples
> from {ehca,any-of-the-four-mthca-devices, connectx, ipath}, etc and
> let the community know your findings.

I have already stated that I do not have the setup right now. When I get
a similar setup, I will indeed try and reproduce the problem. It shows up
on any network test like netperf, nothing special.

I have already provided a description of my findings -"send completion
errors" and subsequent tear down of the QP and the like in the link that
I provided. What additional details are you looking for?

Pradeep