[ofa-general] Performance of UDAPL RDMA vs IB verbs

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Tue Feb 19 09:26:11 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 10:19 -0500, Chuck Hartley wrote:
> I didn't see anything in the opensm.conf file that indicates that
> OpenSM has a concept of priority.  Is there some way to force it to
> always be the master?

In opensm.opts,
#
# HANDOVER - MULTIPLE SMs OPTIONS
#
# SM priority used for deciding who is the master
sm_priority 15

15 is the highest priority

Again, it's not advisable to mix SM flavors on the same subnet.

> Is there some advantage or disadvantage to running multiple copies of
> OpenSM on the subnet?

This provides some redundancy in the case that either the master SM or
something in the node dies such that the SM is not working.

>    If you have multiple switches connected as we do, should some of
> the default settings on opensm.conf be changed? In particular, should
> REASSIGN_LIDS be set to "yes"?

I wouldn't reassign LIDs unless you have a specific reason to. Changing
LIDs is disruptive.

-- Hal