[ofa-general] Performance of UDAPL RDMA vs IB verbs

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Tue Feb 19 10:31:41 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 13:17 -0500, Chuck Hartley wrote:
> Hmmm, I don't have an opensm.opts file on my system.

I don't use openm.conf so don't know what it can and cannot do.

>   Does it go in /var/cache/osm?

Which OpenSM/OFED version are you using ?

>  The man page mentions it and that it contains a "complete set" of
> configuration options.  Since I don't have one, is it only needed if
> you want to change some default setting(s)? Is there an example file
> somewhere in the distribution?

You can generate it via opensm -c and then edit the file produced.

I'm not sure about the how opensm.conf will work with a cache file
(precedence of settings, etc.).

> From the output of sminfo, it looks like the default priority is 1, so
> I probably want to change that.  But at least it is the master:
> sminfo: sm lid 15 sm guid 0x5ad0000094076, activity count 1359786
> priority 1 state 3 SMINFO_MASTER

sm priority can be changed on the opensm command line.

-- Hal