[ofa-general] post_recv question

Eli Cohen eli at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Feb 21 07:53:25 PST 2008

When you post to a receive queue, the buffer does not belong the
application until after it returned to the app. While it belongs to the
HW, the hardware may use it to write the contents of send messages
targeting the QP - during this time the driver should no use this
buffer. When you poll the CQ referenced by the receive queue, you will
get a CQE with the work request id of the buffer you posted and then you
know the buffer is back in the driver ownership.