[ofa-general] post_recv question

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Feb 21 08:53:24 PST 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008 18:34, Steve Wise wrote:
> This clearly is a implementation-specific issue.  But I was under the
> assumption that all the RDMA HW behaves this way.  Maybe not?

For RDMA operations, NO receive WQE needs to be posted.  The rdma target
is a memory region, with an rkey.  The target advertises the rkey and the
address, and the source posts an rdma operation using the target data.

No completion is generated on the target (if there is no immediate data in the
send).

- Jack