[ofa-general] post_recv question

Caitlin Bestler caitlin.bestler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:29:14 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Steve Wise
<swise at opengridcomputing.com> wrote:

>  Seems the consensus is that when you return from post_recv() the buffer
>  can be assumed to be available for incoming SEND placement...

I don't think any other solution could even work for SRQs.

Applications cannot be required to advertise the credit on the "same" QP
after posting to the SRQ. And requiring that credit be advertised on a
per-connection basis would be contrary to the goal of allowing SRQs
to be used as a common pool for multiple connection sessions.