[ofa-general] Re: [patch 5/6] mmu_notifier: Support for drivers with revers maps (f.e. for XPmem)

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at qumranet.com
Wed Feb 27 16:42:26 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 02:43:41PM -0800, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Nope. unmap_mapping_range is already handled by the range callbacks.

But they're called with atomic=1 on anything but anonymous memory. I
understood Andrew asked to remove the atomic param and to allow
sleeping for all kind of vmas. I also understood certain XPMEM
customers asked to use XPMEM on something more than anonymous memory.

> The situation that you are imagining has already been dealt with [..]

I guess there's some misunderstanding, I think Nick was referring to
the above problem.