[ofa-general] Re: [patch 2/6] mmu_notifier: Callbacks to invalidate address ranges

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at qumranet.com
Thu Feb 28 16:55:30 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:43:54AM -0800, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> What about invalidate_page()?

That would just spin waiting an ack (just like the smp-tlb-flushing
invalidates in numa already does).

Thinking more about this, we could also parallelize it with an
invalidate_page_before/end. If it takes 1usec to flush remotely,
scheduling would be overkill, but spending 1usec in a while loop isn't
nice if we can parallelize that 1usec with the ipi-tlb-flush. Not sure
if it makes sense... it certainly would be quick to add it (especially
thanks to _notify ;).