[ofa-general] Re: [patch 2/6] mmu_notifier: Callbacks to invalidate address ranges

Christoph Lameter clameter at sgi.com
Fri Feb 29 13:03:16 PST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> Agreed. I just thought xpmem needed an invalidate-by-page, but
> I'm glad if xpmem can go in sync with the KVM/GRU/DRI model in this
> regard.

That means we need both the anon_vma locks and the i_mmap_lock to become
semaphores. I think semaphores are better than mutexes. Rik and Lee saw
some performance improvements because list can be traversed in parallel
when the anon_vma lock is switched to be a rw lock.

Sounds like we get to a conceptually clean version here?