[ofa-general] Re: [mvapich-discuss] Using RDMA CM with MVAPICH2

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti85-student at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 5 05:29:48 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Dhabaleswar Panda
<panda at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> RDMA CM is designed by OpenFabrics. MVAPICH2 uses this. If you post your
>  questions to OpenFabrics General mailing list, the designers of RDMA CM
>  component will be able to provide detailed answers regarding how it works.
>
>  DK

   Hi all,

   I want to use the RDMA CM option of MVAPICH2. The procedure described
   in the user guide is not much informative. Can anyone here give me
the detailed
   procedure for using the RDMA CM option. Also, I'll be glad if some
one can give
   me a document describing how it works in detail.
   Actually I have some doubts like, how the IP addresses (???) are
   resolved into IB    addresses and what happens in the case of nodes two HCAs
   (or 1 HCA with two ports) ?

   In the MVAPICH2 user guide it is mentioned that "RDMA CM device needs
   to be setup, configured with an IP address and connected to the network".
   Is this same as configuring IPoIB device ?

   -Mahesh