[ofa-general] IBTA Compliance- Mkey Violations trap

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Tue May 6 07:46:12 PDT 2008

Suri,

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 09:56 -0400, Suresh Shelvapille wrote:
> Folks:
>
> WRT sending traps on MkeyViolations, the spec is a little ambiguous IMO.
> In section 14.2.4.2 C-14-18 is it saying to send a trap the first time the Mkey Violation
> happens and the Lease Expiry timer is started or to send a trap(possibly multiple of them)
> every time Mkey Violation happens even though the lease timer may have been started already?

I think that it's every time (independent of whether the lease countdown
has already been started or not): See o14-9.

Note also that there is a max trap rate requirement though per
PortInfo:SubnetTimeOut.

If your company is an IBTA member, a better place for this inquiry is on
the mgtwg mailing list IMO.

-- Hal