[ofa-general] Some general Infinband questions

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Fri May 9 01:26:47 PDT 2008

First of all please excuse me if this is not the right place to ask (If
anyone knows a good place to start for information on Infiniband
clustering then please let me know).

I'm considering an Infiniband Xen Virtual Server cluster under Centos
5.1. I already have a pair of under utilized NAS servers running Windows
Server 2003. I've played with MYSQL NDB clustering and have a reasonable
amount of Linux and Windows experience.

Would using the Windows Servers as storage and the Centos based servers
as cluster nodes even be possible with the current state of software?
Any general advice or tips?

The SAQ Group
Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire. GU32 3DZ
SEmtec Limited trading as SAQ is Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219
SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.
DSL : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.