[ofa-general] [2.6.27 PATCH/RFC] IB/srp: Remove use of cached P_Key/GID queries

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun May 11 08:34:12 PDT 2008

 > >   Since we want to eliminate the
 > > cached operations in the long term, convert SRP to use the uncached
 > > variants.
 > Eliminating the caches will pose a performance problem when sending
 > raw packets.  The ib_post_send API provides the pkey_index -- and this
 > needs to be translated to the actual p_key when building the Base
 > Transport Header.

Not sure what you mean about a performance problem... if you're talking
about the mthca/mlx4 internals, then we just need a private P_Key/GID
cache inside the driver.  This can be updated synchronously when
processing MADs, rather than having all the complicated logic in the
current caching module.  But I don't think sending MADs is really a fast
path anyway.

 - R.