[ofa-general] RDS flow control

Olaf Kirch okir at lst.de
Tue May 13 11:04:00 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 19:58:11 Steve Wise wrote:
> Yes, by adding flow control.  And it could be iwarp-specific if you
> want.    I would not suggest relying on connection termination and
> re-establishment as the way to handle this :).

No, not in the long term. But let's hold off on the flow control stuff
for a little - I would first like to finish my patch set and hand it
out for you folks to bang on it, rather than the other way round.
Okay with you guys?

> I assume nothing would fly that regresses IB performance.  Worst case,
> you have an iwarp-specific RDS transport like you do for TCP, I guess.
> Hopefully though, IB + iWARP will be a common transport.

If it turns out that way, fine. If iWARP ands up sharing 80% of the
code with IB except the RDMA specific functions, I think that's
very much acceptable, too.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax