[ofa-general] Re: ibsim parsing question

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Wed May 14 04:29:39 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 00:15 +0000, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 13:56 Tue 13 May     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> > >
> > > That is correct, but we know that ibsim parser doesn't parse
> > > NodeDescription in those (port related) lines, so in such "worst" cases
> > > when 's=' and/or 'w=' strings are used in NodeDescription this could be
> > > just filtered out from ibnetdiscovery file.
> >
> > That's why I termed this approach a workaround and it does limit the
> > NodeDescription in ways not limited by the IBA spec.
>
> No, it does not limit NodeDescription at all - it is *only* file format
> limitation (remove NodeDescription from port related lines in the file
> and we are done).

That's my point; NodeDescription is part of the ibnd file format and
hence this limits what can be there so in that sense this limits it's
contents and removing such occurrences from the file is a workaround
IMO. While a distinction can be made between the actual NodeDescription
and what is in the file, they're supposed to be one and the same and not
require some extra post processing.

> > Is this worth mentioning in the README or some other doc for ibsim ?
>
> Looks like overkill for me.

OK.

-- Hal