[ofa-general] ibv_get_cq_event blocking forever after successfulibv_post_send...

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed May 14 13:05:24 PDT 2008

Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > This is a cut-paste error. I just extracted the relevant code from the
>  > actual piece.
>
> Unless you send an actual test app that someone could really compile and
> run, it's very hard to help debug it.  Basically your only chance is if
> you have a really obvious bug that someone could see by reading your code.

There is a minor bug in the code: wc.opcode is valid ONLY if wc.status
== IBV_WC_SUCCESS
(otherwise, its value is undefined).

But anyway, this should prevent you from getting the completion event.

Do you call ibv_req_notify_cq BEFORE any completion is being created
(for example, after the CQ was created) to request to get completion
event on the first completion

Dotan