[ofa-general] Receiving Unknown packets at regular interval

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Mon May 19 09:17:50 PDT 2008

Sumit,
On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 21:38 +0530, Sumit Gaur wrote:

> Hi Hal,
> It is true that packets received are looks like proper response but as I
> mentioned before they content TID that I have never send to OFED and
> this  cause the problem. Why OFED is sending these extra packets  Is the
> matter to investigate.

The received packet is SM class attribute ID 4352 which is non IBA
standard and AFAIK OFED does not send so it likely comes from some non
OFED software.

As far as why it is being received, it is a response to a class your
application is subscribed to so it passes it through.

As to what is going on, some sort of packet trace would be needed.

-- Hal