[ofa-general] Receiving Unknown packets at regular interval

Sumit Gaur - Sun Microsystem Sumit.Gaur at Sun.COM
Mon May 19 23:14:10 PDT 2008

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 20:12 +0300, Yevgeny Kliteynik wrote:
>
>>Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>
>>>Sumit,

>>>The received packet is SM class attribute ID 4352 which is non IBA
>>>standard and AFAIK OFED does not send so it likely comes from some non
>>>OFED software.
>>
>>Just a thought:
>>Decimal 4352 is 0x1100. With reverted endian we get 0x0011,
>>which is NodeInfo, that SM sends while sweeping the subnet,
>>which comes at regular interval.
>>
>>As I said, just a thought...
>

> Yes, that makes sense to me. As this is an incoming response, maybe this
> node is running the SM as well as this application.
Yes, Node is running SM too.

sminfo: sm lid 1 sm guid 0x3ba00534f000d, activity count 1213884 priority 7
state 3 SMINFO_MASTER

Now looks like we are going in right direction So extra packets are incoming SM
packets. So same question again arises How we can identify and filter these
incoming SM packets in application from the regular responses.