[ofa-general] RDS flow control

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Tue May 20 14:13:39 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 22:45:22 Jon Mason wrote:
> Works well on my setup.

Good to hear!

> With proper flow control, there should no longer be a need for rnr_retry (as there
> should always be a posted recv buffer waiting for the incoming data).  I did a
> quick test and removed it and everything seemed to be happy on my rds-stress run.

I would like to make the setting of the RNR retry/timeout conditional on
whether both ends of the connection support flow control or not - we need
to think of rolling upgrades of a cluster, so mixed environments just have
to work. Unfortunately, the RNR retry count is set prior to establishing
the connection, before we even know whether the remote is capable of doing
flow control.

Is there a way of changing the RNR retry count back to 0 after establishing
the connection?

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax