[ofa-general] Re: PATCH 1/1 - fix kernel crash in mad.c when IB_MAD_RESULT_(SUCCESS|CONSUMED) returned

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue May 20 15:33:45 PDT 2008

 > Yes,  you are right about the fact that it should be set, but apparently
 > all callers are simply checking for a return value > 0, because the
 > packet is only sent once (return values > 1 have no defined meaning so
 > I'm not surprised the callers just check > 0).

In my tree (ie the upstream kernel) I see only one place
handle_outgoing_dr_smp() is called, and it looks like:

                        ret = handle_outgoing_dr_smp(mad_agent_priv,
                                                     mad_send_wr);
                        if (ret < 0)            /* error */
                                goto error;
                        else if (ret == 1)      /* locally consumed */
                                continue;

so I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Clearly ret == 1 i special
(any other positive return value is treated like 0).

 > Do you want me to resubmit it that way, or do you want to make the
 > change?

I can fix it up locally but you are in charge of making sure that OFED
1.3.1 gets what you want it to.