[ofa-general] PATCH 1/1 - fix kernel crash in mad.c when IB_MAD_RESULT_(SUCCESS|CONSUMED) returned

Dave Olson dave.olson at qlogic.com
Tue May 20 15:41:43 PDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

| On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 15:08 -0700, Dave Olson wrote:
| > Ralph Campbell will submit this patch for ofed 1.3.1, also.
| >
| > IB/MAD - fix crash when HCA returns IB_MAD_RESULT_SUCCESS|IB_MAD_RESULT_CONSUMED
| >
| > This was observed with the hw/ipath driver, but could happen with any
| > driver.
|
| Does this also occur with mthca/mlx4 ? Was the same thing that caused
| this on ipath tried with either of these HCAs ?

No, it doesn't happen on mthca/mlx4, but presumably those drivers never
return this value.  Yes, we tried it with them.  No problem is
introduced on those by the change, either.

| > It's OFED bug 1027.
|
| What's the port disable command which causes this crash ?

It was with the qlogic quicksilver command iba_portdisable
and iba_portenable commands (they've been ported to work with OFED 1.3).

ibportstate refuses to work on non-switch nodes, although in the past
we've done local modifications to allow it to work on HCAs as well
(we never submitted that change, because we assumed somebody explictly
didn't want HCAs targetted).

Dave Olson
dave.olson at qlogic.com