[ofa-general] RDS flow control

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Tue May 20 23:37:54 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 23:33:40 Roland Dreier wrote:
> The IB spec doesn't allow changing RNR retry on RTS to RTS transitions.
> Probably because synchronizing the change with in-flight send requests
> (that might be doing RNR handling at that moment) is too much of a mess.

I tried modifying the RNR retry count before transitioning to RTS (while
the QP is still in RTR state), but that failed with EINVAL. Shouldn't it be
possible to do that?

Anyway, when I take the brief detour through SQD state, resetting the RNR
retry count seems to work.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax