[ofa-general] RDS flow control

Richard Frank richard.frank at oracle.com
Wed May 21 06:21:05 PDT 2008

 From Oracle's perspective I think you can punt on the cluster rolling
upgrade aspect of this.

It's likely that Oracle will be running a newer version of RDS with flow
control - or all nodes will be on an older version.

As long as different versions of drivers interact without crashing the
node - and report a mismatch in protocol - we're probably OK.

Assuming the flow control turns out to not impact performance - then we
should just remove the old RNR code.

If we're ready = I give this version of the driver to our performance
folks - hopefully they can give a bash in the next week or so..