[ofa-general] RE: question about drivers/infiniband/core/cm.c's kobject usage

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu May 22 14:47:51 PDT 2008

>So I was curious, was this done on purpose?  If so, why?  If not, any
>objection to me switching it over to be using struct device properly?

It's entirely possible I have this wrong, but the intent is to export some
infiniband communication management message counters and relate them to the
corresponding ib_device/port.  For example:

(E.g. /sys/class/infiniband_cm/mthca0/1/cm_tx_msgs/req)

If there's a better way to handle this, I have no objection to changing it.