[rds-devel] [ofa-general] Port space sharing in RDS

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Thu May 29 11:40:55 PDT 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 02:03:54 Jon Mason wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 04:33:06PM -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:
> > >During RDS init, rds_ib_init and rds_tcp_init will both individually bind to
> > >the
> > >RDS port for all IP addresses.  Unfortunately, that will not work for iWARP for
> > >2 major reasons.
> >
> > Can RDS use different port numbers for its RDMA and TCP protocols?  The wire
>
> I do not know if this is desirable, but a quick test shows that having TCP and IB
> on different ports works around the problem.

Okay, fine with me. Since TCP is disabled in 1.3 anyway, this shouldn't be an
issue there, but it'll certainly crop up - I'm re-enabling TCP for 1.4.

Care to send me a patch? Any preference as to the port number?

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax