[ofa-general] Port space sharing in RDS

Olaf Kirch okir at lst.de
Fri May 30 06:21:19 PDT 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 00:55:49 Jon Mason wrote:
> During RDS init, rds_ib_init and rds_tcp_init will both individually bind to the
> RDS port for all IP addresses.  Unfortunately, that will not work for iWARP for
> 2 major reasons.

I looked at the code, and I think it is possible to bind to each
interface address separately instead of binding to INADDR_ANY once.
It's a bit of extra work, but it would take care of the conflict.

For instance, in the IB case, the binding code could move to
rds_ib_add_one, and we'd bind to each address associated with the interface -
the problem there being of course that we're currently not watching for
address changes.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax