[ofa-general] Managing work completions (libibverbs)

Kelly Burkhart kelly at tradebotsystems.com
Wed Nov 5 11:16:56 PST 2008

I'm now trying to work out the best approach for managing completions
without spinning on ibv_poll_cq.

I think what I want to do is create a completion channel and operate
similarly to the last example in the ibv_ack_cq_events man page.

The man page states that ibv_ack_cq_events is mandatory, however, the
examples in perftest don't ack when in event mode.  Is this a bug in
the perftest programs or a bug in the man page?

Is it possible use epoll to block on struct ibv_comp_channel::fd then
use
ibv_poll_cq to grab completions when epoll wakes up the process?  Then
(I
hope) it would be unnecessary to call ibv_get/ack_cq_event(s).  Or is
it necessary to call these functions in place of ibv_poll_cq when a
completion channel is used?

Again, thanks for your advice,

-K