[Fwd: RE: [ofa-general] NFS-RDMA (OFED1.4) with standard distributions ?]

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Nov 10 09:07:14 PST 2008

Jeff:

Unfortunately, the NFSRDMA transport cannot make your disks go faster.
If the storage subsystem is incapable of keeping up with IPoIB, then it
won't be able to keep up with NFSRDMA either.

To compare NFSRDMA and IPoIB performance absent a very fast storage
subsystem you'll need to keep the file sizes small enough such that they
fit within the server cache.

Tom