[ofa-general] Re: rate assignment for path queries

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Nov 13 05:43:26 PST 2008

Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
>> RED=0x8001, ipoib, sl=1, rate=2, defmember=full : ALL=full;
>>
>> When a path query is issued, Indeed sl=1 is returned but I see that a
>> rate=6 (20Gbs) is returned where I configured rate=2 (2.5 Gbs).
> For my best knowledge rate=2 in partition config file will be related to corresponded IPoIB multicast group for this partition, and not to PathRecord. In PathRecord you get maximum available rate on the requested path.
I understand your comment about the relation to multicast join and not
path queries. However,  currently, where  there's no rule in the
qos-config file (or no file) that matches the path query, the SM does
provide the SL assigned to the partition (specified in the query)
through the pkey file but it doesn't do so for the Rate. So you say that
for QoS = <SL, Rate> assignment one should use the qos-policy file, let
it be.

Or.