[ofa-general] [Fwd: EHCA_ERR:ehcau_modify_qp ibv_cmd_modify_qp() failed ret=22]

John Donners john.donners at sara.nl
Mon Nov 17 02:02:08 PST 2008

Dear all,

I work for the support team at the SARA supercomputing center in Amsterdam.
We are debugging an application that uses OpenIB directly. Soon after
startup the application fails and the error message is:

PID5c2b ehca0 EHCA_ERR:ehcau_modify_qp ibv_cmd_modify_qp() failed ret=22
qp=0x2aa3f880 qp_num=1c8f
Last System Error Message from Task 0:: Invalid argument
PID10e7 ehca0 EHCA_ERR:ehcau_modify_qp ibv_cmd_modify_qp() failed ret=22
qp=0x2aa3f070 qp_num=174c
Last System Error Message from Task 32:: Invalid argument
ERROR: 0031-250 task 35: Terminated
ERROR: 0031-250 task 14: Terminated

To be honest, I don't know the code and I haven't used ibverbs myself
before either, but maybe you could shed some light on what this means
and what we can do about it.

We have a Power6 system with Infiniband running Suse Linux Enterprise
Server 10. The system installation includes OFED-1.3 and libibverbs-1.1.1.

With regards,
John

--
John Donners          tel (31)20 5923055
SARA, Kruislaan 415   fax (31)20 6683167
1098 SJ Amsterdam     john.donners at sara.nl
The Netherlands