[ofa-general] reviving wrong data after trying to allocation a too large memory chunck

Asmund Ostvold aostvold at platform.com
Sat Nov 29 01:00:42 PST 2008

We discovered a strange problem running OFED; We're not sure if it is a
OFED problem but we post it here anyway.

Short description:
We have a program that allocates a set of buffers with valloc, sends
them with ibv_post_send and free them.
This is run in loop;
We have a "caching"-algorithm so that we register memory only the first
time we come across a buffer address.
We starts getting wrong data for parts of sends after a couple of
iterations

There are a few things worth mentioning:
- We must use valloc; the test works with malloc
- We must have a malloc allocating a too large chunk before starting the
loop (the malloc fails)

We have modified the "rdma_lat.c" program to show the error (attached)

Regards
Asmund