[ofa-general] Library routine for enumerating IB cards and GUIDS

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jul 1 15:05:38 PDT 2009

You might look at ibv_get_devices().

IBV_GET_DEVICE_LIST(3)   Libibverbs Programmer's Manual  IBV_GET_DEVICE_LIST(3)

NAME
       ibv_get_device_list,  ibv_free_device_list  -  get  and  release list of
       available RDMA devices

SYNOPSIS
       #include <infiniband/verbs.h>

       struct ibv_device **ibv_get_device_list(int *num_devices);

       void ibv_free_device_list(struct ibv_device **list);

DESCRIPTION
       ibv_get_device_list() returns a NULL-terminated array  of  RDMA  devices
       currently available.  The argument num_devices is optional; if not NULL,
       it is set to the number of devices returned in the array.

       ibv_free_device_list() frees the  array  of  devices  list  returned  by
       ibv_get_device_list().

RETURN VALUE
       ibv_get_device_list()  returns  the  array of available RDMA devices, or
       NULL if the request fails.

       ibv_free_device_list() returns no value.

NOTES
       Client code  should  open  all  the  devices  it  intends  to  use  with
       ibv_open_device()  before calling ibv_free_device_list().  Once it frees
       the array with ibv_free_device_list(), it will be able to use  only  the
       open devices; pointers to unopened devices will no longer be valid.

SEE ALSO
       ibv_fork_init(3),     ibv_get_device_name(3),    ibv_get_device_guid(3),
       ibv_open_device(3)