[ofa-general] verb level interoperability between vendor's hcas

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jul 6 08:01:12 PDT 2009

On Sunday 28 June 2009, Scott A. Friedman wrote:
> We have had several tickets submitted by users since we have started
> adding Qlogic 7240 cards into our cluster which is mostly Mellanox (we
> have a couple different cards).

I did some testing with this and concluded that the 7240 HCAs performed so
much better with PSM that verbs was out of the question (or performed very
bad with verbs if one wants to look at it that way).

Essentially, they were ok as Qlogic-HCAs but not Infiniband-HCAs (IMHO).

Using conservative OpenMPI settings (essentially treating all the HCAs like
they were very old/simple) I did get a limited set of simple tests through
ok.

/Peter