[ofa-general] Compilation errors with OFED 1.4.1/ 1.4

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jul 7 02:17:19 PDT 2009

Looks like the OFED installation is faulty.
The missing function declarations are all found in header files under directory
(on your system) /usr/src/ofa_kernel/kernel_addons/backport/2.6.16_sles10_sp2.
These header files must be taken before the regular kernel header files
(they "include_next" to the regular files, and supplement these files
with missing macros, static inline functions, etc.).

For example, dma_map_single_attr() is found in file
/usr/src/ofa_kernel/kernel_addons/backport/2.6.16_sles10_sp2/include/linux/dma-mapping.h

For some reason, your compilation script is not taking directory
/usr/src/ofa_kernel/kernel_addons/backport/2.6.16_sles10_sp2/include
in the include path before the regular kernel includes.

-Jack