[ofa-general] cmatose fails whereas rping passes on iWarp

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jul 8 13:30:26 PDT 2009

 > As far as I can tell this is an infiniband only attribute.  I do not see
 > it in iWarp RDMA spec, if I am wrong please point me to the right place.
 >
 > How do we handle situation like this when there is a difference between
 > the two?

Simplest thing to do in this case seems to be to handle it as an
extension on the iWARP side; just keep track of what the consumer passed
in for sq_sig_type and if it's "signal all" then never post unsignaled
work requests.  No reason to create gratuitous semantic differences when
it's fairly easy to implement the union of IB and iWARP semantics.

 - R.