[ofa-general] sending mad in parallel mode and perfquery

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jul 9 10:56:47 PDT 2009

>ibumad library has functions send_mad and recv_mad which should be send
>sequentially.
>Is it possible to create function which would send several MADs to
>several destinations and then waits for replies(in terms of ib driver)?

I'm not sure that send_mad and recv_mad don't do what you want.  To send to
multiple destinations, call send_mad multiple times.  The call returns after
posting or queuing the send operation to the QP.  It does not wait for a
response or guarantee that the send has actually been placed on the wire before
returning.

recv_mad blocks until any response is received, and it can be called from
multiple threads.  recv_mad only has multi-threaded issues if MADs > 256 bytes
are received.