[ofa-general] OFED 1.4.1 breaks SLES10 SP2 NFS server ?

Ciesielski, Frederic (EMEA HPC&OSLO CC) frederic.ciesielski at hp.com
Sun Jul 12 03:20:58 PDT 2009

As far as I could see, x86-64 systems running SLES10 SP2 + OFED 1.4.1 are not valid NFS servers anymore, even without trying to activate NFS-RDMA, even without using IB at all for the export.

NFS clients see too frequently 'Stale NFS file handle' error messages for them to properly read or write anything.

This happens using ethernet and IPoIB... and works fine without OFED, or when OFED 1.4 is installed instead (which is not what I want).

Did anybody test that ?
Any idea about how to get rid of this major side effect ?

Thanks.
Fred.