[ofa-general] OFED 1.4.1 breaks SLES10 SP2 NFS server ?

Mon Jul 13 06:54:27 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 13:28 +0000, Ciesielski, Frederic (EMEA HPC&OSLO
CC) wrote:
> Yes, that will do it;
> I think I already tried to remove this option from the 'install.pl menu and rebuild, but probably the previous rpms were kept. Restarting from scratch and removing the nfs-rdma option permits not to have this updated NFS kernel modules, and things work now...

Please note, that there is a problem with this solution currently being
discussed on the ewg list regarding this configuration, and that's if
you disable the NFSRDMA build option and then try to use
the /usr/src/ofa_kernel tree to build other modules that use RPC or NFS
headers, you will get headers for the NFSRDMA implementation, not the
kernel's NFS/RPC implementation.  Unless you are using a recent kernel,
the OFA headers will not match the kernel's NFS/RPC implementation.

b.