[ofa-general] patch to ib_addr for sending arps

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Mon Jul 13 14:14:47 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 01:35:08PM -0700, leo.tominna at oracle.com wrote:
> Right, there should only be one route lookup call.  And the send_arp should
> match what TCP/UDP are doing, I'm pretty sure they don't use neigh_event_send
> like ib_addr is, or if they do, they are not using ip_route_output_key to get
> the neighbor entry.  I could not find the code that generates arps for these
> protocols.

They do, but indirectly, dst_output() cals neigh_resolve_output()
which calls neigh_event_send() - since there is no real skb in the RDMA
routines it seems reasonable to call neigh_event_sent() directly..

ip_route_output_key is used to populate dst in the skb which is
fetched by neigh_resolve_output to get the neigh and the neigh has the
ofid.

Jason