[ofa-general] Re: 2.6.30.1: possible irq lock inversion dependency detected

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Jul 14 11:36:44 PDT 2009

 > With the two patches applied on top of 2.6.31.1 lockdep stopped
 > complaining on my setup. By the way, do you know whether this is a
 > long-standing issue or a result of the changes between 2.6.29 and
 > 2.6.30 ?

Odd.  The problem I fixed with my second patch was long-standing I
think; the change from .29 to .30 was the addition of lockdep debugging
for timers, so I could see how the first report could pop up only under
.30 (since that involved a timer).

Oh well, I'll look at cleaning up the second patch and pushing it upstream.