[ofa-general] IB introductory material

Ian Stokes-Rees ijstokes at crystal.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 14 12:04:37 PDT 2009

Hello,

We have recently purchased a small infiniband-enabled cluster and
switch.  I had hoped that the ofa-general list might be somewhere
suitable to find guidance on configuring an IB-based MPI cluster using
(otherwise) commodity hardware, however 48 hours of posts suggests this
is a list for pretty serious IB developers.

Before I un-subscribe, could someone kindly point me towards some kind
of basic introduction to getting an IB system up and running?  I don't
need background.  I have real hardware plugged in, some drivers
installed (but possibly not the right ones), and am now working on
compiling OpenMPI and MVAPICH2 with IB support to allow me to then
compile other MPI applications to use the IB interconnect.  Guidance on
how to do this properly, and possibly some sanity checks or benchmarks
would be very nice.

Regards,

Ian