[ofa-general] IB introductory material

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 14 12:46:28 PDT 2009

Hi Ian and list

I second Ian's request, as I am pretty much in the same situation.

For what it is worth, I point out to Ian and other people who may
find this material useful, a few IB basic resources which I list on this
thread to the Torque Users list:

http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2009-July/009275.html

Ian's question pops up every so often on many list that deal
with clusters, MPI, etc.
A lot of people out there need basic guidance on IB.
So far I have not found a basic tutorial,
getting started guide, FAQ list, or other instructional material
that would tell a general user or system administrator with no IB
expertise how to setup, configure, monitor,
and maintain Infiniband networks (IB).
Something like that would be extremely helpful,
and I wonder if OFA is preparing it or has plans to prepare an IB basic
tutorial or equivalent in the near future.

My $0.02

Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA