[ofa-general] What is the purpose of libosmvendor?

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 05:01:31 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Mike Heinz<michael.heinz at qlogic.com> wrote:
> Reviewing the OFED stack, it appears that the appropriate method for user applications to access fabric information such as path records and port guids - but the name of the library itself leaves me a little nonplussed, rather than access to fabric information, it sounds like it's meant to provide a proprietary interface to the SM.
>
> Is this correct?

It's a porting layer for OpenSM. OpenSM is ported in a number of
environments (not just OFED). Currently, two vendor layers are in play
even within OFED although this may be heading towards one but not sure
when we'll get there. The other vendor layers are mainly historical
AFAIK.

> Is there documentation for the library itself (beyond the sample applications)?

Not AFAIK other than the API header files.

Note that saquery no longer uses this library.

-- Hal