[ofa-general] can an ib-bonding slave work independently?

Liang Zhen Zhen.Liang at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 22 00:33:58 PDT 2009

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Yes wrong, assuming you have access to Linux box with IB stack up and running you
> could trivially see this if setting ipoib/bonding and then running one of the
> librdmacm utils while instructing it to bind to a bond (I recommend you go and do that).
> Now how it works? when the first ipoib device is added to the bond, bonding senses a mismatch between its ethertype to the bond one and calls bond_setup_by_slave(), this along with bonding automatically setting fail_over_mac to be BOND_FOM_ACTIVE for ipoib device, does the job.

Yes, I just noticed that Lustre is in list of supported ULPs of
ib-bonding (in your ppt), so I think we can just load Lustre over
bonding device insteading of it's slaves, which will definitely simplify
our work.

Thanks
Liang