[ofa-general] RE: Running more than 894 processes doing rdma_listen

David McMillen davem at systemfabricworks.com
Sat Jul 25 02:04:15 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Dotan Barak <dotanba at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Sean Hefty<sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:
> >>Is there an explicit limit on the number of ports that can be listening
> using
> >>rdma_cm?
> >
> > There's no inherent limit built into the code.
> >
> Maybe this limitation is being caused by the ulimit
> ("ulimit -n" produced 1024 for my system).
>
> Try changing this value.

I first had problems with a system where ulimit -n showed 65536

I get the same 894 maximum when ulimit -n is set to 512 or 1024.

This is not a per-process limitation, as the first 894 processes don't have
any problems.  There are no problems starting the required number of
processes.  This is some kind of limit imposed by the way
rdma_create_event_channel works.

Dave